June 10, 2008

Oasis (1)

So I've mentioned a couple of times that I'm helping to plant a church in Waverly Nebraska, a suburb of Lincoln. This new church plant will be called Oasis Community Church, or just "Oasis", which is what we hope to be.

Keep in mind, one's stay at an oasis is always temporary, it is a place to rest for those on a journey. Lord willing, so it will be with our Oasis. As we participate in the mission God has given his people, the church, to be ever going, living the good news where people are at, we will seek to be a temporary Oasis of relationships and worship, a place to reorient ourselves on Christ, the author and perfecter of our faith.

In the next few days I'll post a few more articles about what God has called us to be a part of in Waverly.

1 comment:

Rae said...

David, I'm in Waverly and interested in talking with you. Please call me.
Rachael Blaske (402) 805 7078