March 12, 2010

A Modern Day Psalm


In the Scriptures we see the one who is Other, the God who comes close to us in the person of Jesus Christ, longing to know us in a personal way, when he says, "O Jerusalem... how often I have longed to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, but you were not willing."

And ironically, we who are human have some similar longings. We see King David seemingly searching in vain for his God, saying, "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me? Why are you so far from saving me, so far from the words of my groaning? O my God, I cry out by day, but you do not answer, by night, and am not silent."

Lady Antebellum bring this search home in their song, I Need You Now. Watch this video and in the midst of your inner longings, experience the God who longs for you.


No comments: