March 04, 2006

Resume Blog

Just got done creating a blog specifically for my resume and related material. You can take a look at it here.

I'm graduating in June, with my last two classes following in the summer, so I'm looking to start the next stage around August 1. If you know anyone that is hiring a pastor and/or director in the Midwest, feel free to pass the resume web address along.

Passing this blog address along may not be the best thing, or it could be great. I haven't shied away from questioning the status-quo on this blog, which I'm proud of, yet I'm not sure that's my best foot to put forward when it comes to an initial interview. People will listen a lot if they trust you...which takes time. I'm trying to move past the "I just graduated from seminary and now I know everything" stereotype, even if I do live up to it half the time. That's kind of the purpose of this blog, to put my questions out there and dialog about them. Getting a job, on the other hand, is not about telling your future ministry partners all the things you think they do wrong. ; )

Sooooo, if you know someone that might be interested in discussing future ministry opportunities, pass the resume address along, not the blog address. (Though I might pass it along depending on the person I was dialoging with.)

If you have any questions for me, don't hesitate to ask.


As for what I'm looking for; pretty much anything besides youth or worship. (Yah, I know that kind of narrows the field, but you have to do what your called to.) My area of interest is in applying missional approaches to a North American context. What that might look like is totally up in the air. I feel like I could be comfortable in a variety of settings.

If you're a student and also looking for a job, don't hesitate to leave your contact info in the comments section. I'm only going to take a job that is "right", and would be happy passing on some names if it was appropriate.

No comments: