April 10, 2006

Larry had no place to lay his head.

This past week was tough. One of my friends died, his name was Larry. We weren’t close, but it was tough anyway.

He was assaulted about three months ago, which broke his neck. To stabilize the head they screwed a halo to his skull, and attached it to his shoulders. That would have worked well if he had a place to stay, but he didn’t. Our church put him up for a while, but that couldn’t last forever. He would panhandle for money, and usually got enough to stay in a motel, but not all the time. Then two weeks ago he fell and hit his head/screws, which sent him back to the hospital with seering pain. An infection developed and a few seizures later he was in a coma. He was pronounced brain dead two days later.


Jesus replied, "Foxes have holes and birds of the air have nests, but the Son of Man has no place to lay his head." Matthew 8:20

Anyone else want to be like Jesus? - Not me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

David,
I am so very sorry.
Love
Mom

Kyle said...

That's dreadful. I'm sorry to hear it.

I wore one of those things, and I always wondered what would happen, but was afraid to ask...